10×8″ acrylic on matboard
This is a combination of scraping and brushing acrylic onto a piece of matboard.
Scrambling to get a daily today…. I worked on some paintings, but I was just tired, uninspired, unhappy with what I did, unable to think more creatively today. So, I took this photo (one of three) of a spent (and uprooted by someone or something) coneflower from our front yard. Finches are happily grazing on the seedheads now, even though the flowers look less than lovely this time of year. Our neighbors probably don’t appreciate it, but the birds certainly do!
The other two photos will be my fallback position if I am unfortunate enough to have more of these days ahead. Carry on!
Zinnias are amazing. Look at all of those shapes and colors in just one flower—the middle of one flower! Stay tuned for an even closer look tomorrow. (Zinnia courtesy of our CSA share with Grade A Gardens)
9×7″ acrylic, collage on matboard
This one began with a scrape of some leftover paint on my palette from another painting. I collaged a small piece from a shade sample (the rectangular two-tone piece) on top of that. Then I added some brushed-on acrylic (cerulean blue) to either side of the scraped-on area, and enhanced the middle red with some alizarin crimson. The final addition was an almost black line on top of (and extending beyond) the collaged piece.
5×8″ acrylic, silk
Page 3 in my occasional sketchbook. I used a print block first (mostly to use up the paint and already inked-up block). Later I collaged on a silk sari strip that had a subtle print on it. I decided to extend that print (with a brush) onto the paper with similar colors of acrylic paint. Lastly, I added a slight background color of mostly transparent zinc white with a little bit of unbleached titanium.