5×8″ acrylic, blockprinting
This began with some blockprinting (with acrylic) to finish off paint I had already printed with on another piece. I pressed a scraping tool that had some leftover paint onto the piece, then scraped that paint a little (creating pseudo-fishy forms—surprise!). I diluted some brilliant blue with acrylic glazing liquid and water and went over the whole piece. I added some additional blockprints of the green vegetation. Then went over certain areas with more diluted brilliant blue.
It’s so funny to me when a form appears that takes on a life of its own and becomes something that wasn’t at all in my mind when I started.