This went very wrong at one point, and I have tried to bring it back from the edge with some over-painting and printing.
Another month is at an end, and my one-year daily-jane commitment has one more month to go. It is difficult to believe in some ways, and it seems I have been doing this forever in other ways. Thirty-one more daily artworks. Stay tuned.
This piece is all acrylic paint, but applied in different ways. It was scraped, brushed, palette-knifed, dried and adhered, and block-printed. The dried paint swirl that is collaged on is leftover from the circle “print” tool I used on the November 20 daily jane.
thin copper wire, transparent polyester thread, on paper
This was fun to make, although a bit tedious when it came to getting the wire to sit right, and then trying to tie it down with very thin and independent-minded plastic thread. I took the photo of it during a rare bit of sun coming in the window to create the shadows.
I arranged some cut-up postcard and bookmark slivers into this pattern and collaged them onto the paper. The colors and forms remind me of a woven blanket—a blanket of warmth and gratitude on this Thanksgiving Day.
I took an old scraped poem-painting (someone else’s poem, for a commission) that was languishing in my “seconds” box and scraped new paint over the whole thing. I also “printed” some acrylic by pressing the scraping-tool leftover paint onto the matboard (it’s the magenta form that looks like half a leaf in the lower right). Some words are still peeking through, but not very well or legibly. Just adds to the mystery!
Here is another photo from the backyard woods last weekend. The insect paths are grooved into the entire now-fallen tree, including up and around this gnarl. I thought it looked kinda cool. Groovy. Gnarly.