7.5×9.5″ acrylic on matboard
This combines scraped acrylic, with some palette knife and brush work. It began as a vertical painting, but I saw a human figure on the leading edge of the horizontal image, so I went with that and added more to it.
6×6″ acrylic on paper
I scraped and dabbed most of this piece much earlier this week (when I was still feeling ill). I’m still feeling the ill effects, and it’s been a busy week getting ready for the MLK Day of Service on January 18. But just now I finally did some last-minute dabbing, took a photo, and am posting this just in time for this week’s newsletter. Whew!
8×6″ acrylic on paper
Despite being busy and then getting sick, I didn’t want to let a whole week go by without a daily jane (although I’m not promising that in the future!)! This was mostly done last year, but I thought I would scrape a transparent magenta over it today to see if that would make me like it any better. In my headcold haze I picked out Alizarin Crimson instead. Luckily, still transparent, but a different color than I intended. I wiped some of it off allowing the underlying colors to show a bit more, but it’s still alizarin crimson, not magenta! So, this is an “oops,” but at least it’s something!